Wim has also composed and arranged music for all of these projects. Thanks to his absolute pitch he has become one of the fastest music-transcribers in the Netherlands.
He has also been active in pop- and dance music together with producer Tim Brouwers. Some of their productions: "Salsolé" of the Mangomasters, "Get the love"(Get da love) of Sunblock and "Bing Bing" (Lekker ding) of TKO. Also singer Eddie Josepha was involved.
From 1993 to 1997 Wim has also worked with singer Dave Benton, who lived in the Netherlands at that time. They sometimes played together, they made productions together and Wim also played on Dave Benton's CD "30th Anniversary" (See discography and music samples). Dave Benton later moved to Estonia, where he continued his career and won the Eurovision Songcontest for Estonia.
From july 2000 until the end of june 2001 Wim played in the band Swing Twice. Sometimes Wim still play keyboards in this band.
Wim has been working with singer Hicham of the R&B group Unity, with singer Ilona Cèchova and with singer Pauliina May.
Furthermore Wim has co-arranged all pieces on a CD of cabaretier Tim van der Sluijs, called: "Stad vol gekken". He also played piano and keyboards on this CD together with the Band Vol Gekken (now called 'Wim Warman's Latin Confusion')
In february 2002 he recorded the CD "The Forest" with his own Latin-Fusion compositions and arrangements. The CD has earned some very nice reviews in different magazines. See the CD information page.
Wim is a teacher now at the Rotterdam Conservatory for the Argentinian Tango department. He teaches piano, transcription and improvisation.
Recent projects of Wim:
- Quintet with Olaf Fase (drums), Gijs Anders van Straalen (percussion), Arno Griffioen (bass), Rinco Knoop (alto and soprano sax): The Wim Warman Band (Latin-Fusion)
- Trio with Taco Nieuwenhuizen (bass) and Ruben van Rompaey (drums): The Groove Club (Latin-Jazz and Jazz)
- Duo with singer Kenny Palacios (Argentinian Tango)
- Duo with saxophone player Ruud Bergamin (improvised Tango, Jazz and Latin-Jazz)
- As a solo pianist (Argentinian Tango, Jazz, Latin, Pop). In december 2004 his solo CD "Cuando la luz aparece" was released. - Wim also played with bandoneonist Victor Hugo Villena. Tango with improvisation.
- Wim also performed with Simon Vinkenoog and saxophonist Ruud Bergamin in Theater Tilburg. Poems by Vinkenoog, accompanied by Wim and Ruud with different genres jazz and tango. There was so much good interaction, that it was almost like if they had shared the stage together for many years.
- Wim performed with tango orchestra OTRA at the big Tango festival in Buenos Aires, Argentinia. This tour was a great succes. The concerts took place in Teatro El Dorrego and Teatro de la Ribera and on more venues. The Argentinian public was estatic.
- Totally unexpected Wim performed live on stage with world famous bass player Richard Bona in a surprise jamsession (see video page)
- Wim recently composed and played 2 pieces for the new CD of percussion player Martin Verdonk. Together with guitarist Peter Tiehuis, bass player Reno Steba and drummer Phil Maturano.
- On the internet radio station website Mucaah.com Wim became the most populair artist of the 2nd semester of 2007 with an average mark of 9.6.
- Plans are being made for a new CD and a tour of Wim Warman's Latin Confusion in 2008/2009.